May 4, 2011
1. Massive high street record shop? Screaming girls? Yep, Twin Atlantic have made it. Check out this video of the chaps playing a HMV instore gig the other day, complete with two bemused guys at the start of the clip slowly going up an escalator behind the band on their way to pick up the new J-Lo single.
2. One of The Daily Dose‘s favourite trios PAWS have just gone and uploaded some new tracks to their Soundcloud – how nice of them, eh?
PAWS: Taking a paws for thought
3. The full bill for top UK music industry convention Sound City has pretty much been unveiled, with Scotland represented at the Liverpool event in May by the likes of The View, Steve Mason, Bronto Skylift, Rachel Sermanni, The Red Show and Over The Wall, amongst others. They’ll play alongside acts such as Frank Turner, Funeral For A Friend and Emmy The Great. Check it.
April 27, 2011
1. Download Burnt Island‘s ‘The Year of Open Doors’…for free! Yes. But it’s only sticking around until 9 May, so hurry.
2. Randolph’s Leap have issued a new promo video for their upcoming single release, featuring some of the best music we’ve ever heard. Details are in the clip.
3. Voting for the Scottish New Music Industry Awards opens next week, in which The Daily Dose is nominated for best website/online publication of the year. Find out more here.
April 20, 2011
1. The fine chaps over at The List had an exclusive chat recently with Fence Records’ Johnny Lynch and in doing so, revealed the line-up for this year’s Home Game festival in Anstruther. Not too shabby.
2. Scotland’s favourite daring duo Detour took time out on Saturday to film Glasgow’s take on Record Store Day 2011. A worthy day of celebrating independent music shops or a psuedo exhibition of Valentines Day-esque consumerism? You decide!
3. Check out locationmusic.tv, a new website that looks like it is a video blog site…thingy. We especially like this video of PAWS at the recent Wide Days industry event in Edinburgh.
April 13, 2011
1. Check out the A side of the new single from The Daily Dose‘s favourite two-piece noise mongerers, Bronto Skylift. Soundcloud it like you’ve never Soundclouded it before. It might disappear, so be quick…
2. Indulge in the Banana Sessions‘ now famous Prodigy medley with this video from their Christmas shindig at…well, Christmas, last year. It was uploaded in January, but has just come to our attention recently. Get mad with it, or something.
3. Glasgow based singer man Little Eye, fresh from winning a shiny unsigned gong at the recent Young Scot awards, has made his single ‘Burgundy Sky’ available on iTunes. Lap it up.
March 30, 2011
1. Pareto have Soundclouded a track from their new EP and we reckon it sounds pretty darn rootin’ tootin’. Go check it.
2. Over The Wall are pretty adventurous guys. And pretty funny too. Stick those two noble qualities together and you get this humorous trailer video for their enterprising ‘Around the isles in 80 days’ tour.
3. Check out Glasgow-based noiseniks Bronto Skylift‘s take on their SXSW adventure over at Peenko. In pen too. Who would have thought?
March 16, 2011
1. Glasgow’s Part Wind Part Wolf have uploaded a new track on their Soundcloud. Grunge-tastic and well worth a cheeky gander. It’s a beezer.
2. The boys over at Detour are out in Austin, Texas at the moment (just like half of everyone on Twitter) at the world’s top music industry event, SXSW, and they’re going to be YouTube’ing religiously and keeping everyone up to the date on all the Scottish acts out there. Check out their first video below.
3. Scottish based craft business i heart… are running a new project to find new music to have play on their website for a month. Check it out and Soundcloud it like you’ve never Soundclouded it before.
March 9, 2011
1. The floor is now open for entries to this year’s T Break competition, giving up-and-coming bands the chance to play at the 2011 T in the Park. The judging panel is a mix of some of Scotland’s top media and A&R people. Who wins? They decide.
2. Little Yellow Ukuleles have announced on Facebook that their gig this Saturday at the Captain’s Rest in Glasgow will be their last for ‘a lonnnnnnng time, and our last gig as the Ukuleles as you know us’. Sad times.
3. Captain and the Kings have released their new single ‘It is the Mercy’, and you can check it out over at their Bandcamp.