1. North Atlantic Oscillation. I got a call from Sam asking if I could come and shoot them ‘now’ as they needed an up-to-date press shot to tag on to their UK tour. I asked where, and they said Colour Sound, a rehearsal room in Edinburgh. Not the prettiest of locations so, I took a 7ft by 6ft light box and a couple of Elinchrom 400watt heads and this was the result, after a tweak in Adobe Lightroom.
Equipment: Canon 5D. Canon 70 – 200mm f2.8 L IS.
2. Fraser Edwards. Fraser‘s an all rounder but can seriously shred a guitar. He’s off to Sweden to record with his band this year but also has his own project going on and needed promo shots for web, CD inserts and posters etc.
e: Studio shoot with Canon 5D with Canon 24/70mm f2.8 L.
3. Jim Gellatly. Scotland’s New Music DJ Jim Gellatly at the one year celebration of The Mill.
e: Canon 5D with Canon 24/70mm f2.8 L. and Canon 580 hammerhead.
4. Jam from Wired Desire. I’d already shot Wired Desire‘s promo for their debut single but they lacked live shots. Shot at the Liquid Rooms shortly before the fire. Using about a one second exposure at 100 iso at f5.6, you can create some wacky effects. A bit pot luck, so give it a go as every shot’s different.
e: Canon 5D. Canon 24/70mm f2.8 and Canon 430ex hammerhead.
5. Carrie Mac. For someone who’s currently working on her debut album with the likes of John Martyn and a few other big names, Carrie didn’t have a single PR shot…shocking!. Keep an eye out as Carrie’s about to go supernova…
e: Studio shoot. Canon 5D. 70 – 200mm f2.8 L IS.
Make-up and Hair by Jenny Postlethwaite.